Being a mother is one of the best dreams of every woman. Every woman wants to be a mother of a beautiful child who must always be appreciated. But being a mother and undergoing the phase of pregnancy is a child’s task. Pregnancy passes through various typical problems including vomiting, headache, body pain, and sometimes more than that. Severe Cystic Acne while Breastfeeding is yet another issue that a woman goes through in this difficult phase of her life of pregnancy and post-pregnancy. Most often, they go just after the child’s birth, but sometimes this acne causes severe problems to the skin and becomes more adamant, which we call postpartum acne. The acne remains present even after the birth of the child. Yet another serious type of acne “cystic acne” causes major harm to the skin and beauty of a woman.
It has often been noticed that a few mothers tend to suffer from cystic acne as a result of breastfeeding. This cystic acne gives the impression of being quarter-sized wounds having yellow fluid in them. So, there is a huge possibility for every mother to suffer from such ugly cystic acne before, during, and after pregnancy and also while breastfeeding. Theis acne takes place as a result of changes in the hormones after pregnancy. It has also been considered a possibility that many women don’t even get such cystic acne while breastfeeding. Though the exact cause behind this cystic acne cannot be commented on other than hormonal changes, still such acne can be treated. There are certain possible causes for cystic acne while breastfeeding. Let us have a look.
Possible Causes of Sever Cystic Acne While Breastfeeding:
- Improper sleep and massive stress levels.
- Lack of dehydration.
- Oily, processed and spicy, fried foods.
- Massive androgen enhances the production of sebum and causes acne.
- Skin caught by bacteria.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Cushing’s syndrome.
Though these are some of the possible causes of cystic acne while breastfeeding, this acne is considered to happen anytime whether the woman is breastfeeding or not.
Home Treatment for Acne while Breastfeeding
Following a daily routine and sticking to it positively can help in the prevention of acne that takes place while breastfeeding?
- Consume at least 8-10 glasses of water in a day to keep your body hydrated.
- Use an oil-free face wash and wash your face twice with it using lukewarm water. Don’t scrub your face as it can enhance oil production and increase acne.
- Bacteria spread easily if you try to burst your pimples. So, avoid touching your skin and acne unnecessarily.
- Use sunscreen lotion and a mild cleanser.
- Make a habit of having a healthy and well-balanced diet. Avoid junk food and spicy items.
- Don’t compromise with sleep. Try to sleep as soon as the baby sleeps.
Severe Cystic Acne Treatment while Breastfeeding
If the acne is severe, then the doctor might surely suggest you a treatment plan that is entirely safe during breastfeeding. The first acne treatment plan might be including ointments. The doctor may suggest you such ointments that contain or more combinations of the following drugs mentioned:
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, clindamycin, metronidazole, dapsone, etc.
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Azelaic acid
- Salicylic acid
It is always recommended not to use such drugs based ointments without consulting your doctor. To cure cystic acne properly, you might also be recommended some oral medications and light therapy. Some oral medications include:-
- Oral macrolides (erythromycin/ azithromycin)
- Zinc compounds
So, these are some of the treatments with the help of which such severely cystic acne while breastfeeding can be treated/ overcome.